Monday, February 3, 2014

The moments like this

Conversation during yesterday's naptime (which actually consisted of me trying to nap, Bjorn and Peanut rolling around on my bed, playing games on their tablet, wrestling and generally NOT napping).

Bjorn and Peanut are lying next to each other, Peanut playing puzzles on the tablet.

"I love you, Bjorn." (Not Ya-ya, her baby nickname for him. She says his real name now.)
"I love you too, Peanut."
"Bjorn, you are my favorite boy in the wold. The whole wold."
"And you're my favorite girl in the whole big wide world, Peanut."

A few moments of silence.

"I love you, Bjorn. You're the bestest boy EV-AH!"
"I love you too, Peanut. You're my bestest girl in the whole world. Can I play the tablet now?"

"NO!" shouts Peanut.

Moment of silence.

"I love you, Bjorn."
He sighs. "I KNOW! I love you too, Peanut. Now can I play?"

Another few beats of silence.

"Yes, your turn, Bjorn. You're the bestest brotha evah."

She hands the tablet to him.

The joys of parenting are moments like this. It really does make up for all 6 hours of fighting before that.