Thursday, February 6, 2014

Progress

A few weeks ago, I posted my 101 in 1001 list. At first (and I mean in the first few days!), I was gung-ho about crossing stuff off my list, but as it usually goes with any kind of resolution or to-do, the days went by and I became lazier and lazier.

Still, I was able to cross a few things off my enourmous, long, how-am-I-ever-going-to-do-this list.

#26. Run a 5k.

I ran (yes RAN the entire thing!) The Color Run in Tempe with my BF and a few other friends. It was an early morning wake up (YAWN!) to drive halfway across town, but totally worth it. My BF flew in from CO to run the Color Run in support of her hubby's new charity, SPARElife.

I kind of forgot to train for the 5k. Either that, or it was just too dang early to wake up every day to run, but I still did alright. It would have been a lot easier if I had ran more than three times that month, but whatever - I did it. In 40, actually. Not a time I am proud of, except.....I strangely am. Fast or slow, I finished and that in itself is enough. And I had such a good time that I have already signed up for two more 5ks and am contemplating a 10K and 1/2 marathon (my #25.)

#50. Updo my guest bathroom.


Before. Well, after the non-framed mirror was taken down...But Before.

After. HUGE improvement, IMO.
After two months of no mirror and fixtures waiting patiently on the floor to be hung, the bathroom is now "updone". Builder grade mirror is gone, fresh texture and paint is up on baseboards and walls. New caulk is around tub sink. The old fixtures are gone. On the new ones are new towels and a shower curtain perfect for a kids bathroom. The mirror was purchased yesterday, on a fabulous deal and I love it. It's perfect.

# 73. Declutter my junk email.

I don't know when it happened, but sometime over the last five years, I began accumulating emails like they were candy.

When I check my email in the morning, I would have 400+ junk emails. EVERY DAY. I don't have a job that requires people to send me email, so there is NO reason I should be receiving this amount.

Not to mention, I read a budgeting book recently that gave another good reason to unsubscribe to emails. The more "Fantastic deal!" and "You have to buy this NOW" emails you get, the more likely you are to spend your money on unnecessary splurge items. If I really need or want an item, I can research the best deal on it myself, instead of buying it just because a spam email told me I should.

I spent two hours (TWO HOURS!) this morning unsubscribing. I hope that takes care of it, but I have the feeling this is a long process. Something tells me these emails are going to be a little more persistent than just accepting the "opt out".

#85. Submit articles to 10 magazines.

This isn't done, but I submitted article #1 and #2 to a magazine this week. I'll let you know if they are ever printed. It's a good start, at least!

The more you write, the more you grow.


3 1/4 out of 101. If I continue on this pace, there is a good chance I might actually finish most of my list. 3 a month, 12 months a year at just under 3 years, comes to.....well, I wasn't a math major, but it comes pretty close.

Here's looking at you, October 2, 2016!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Andi, set up filters on your email to send junk email straight to the trash. That will help a lot!

Rakesh Singh said...

Very nice blog you have...keep blogging...
Tender Dekho provides you best & Complete list of Tenders in Delhi, Tenders in India, Government tenders, Private Sector tenders, Corporate Tender, and also provides tender Subscription facilities.
Thanks

kashan nasir said...

nice work dude !!

I Like it because its like watch online movies website. which have lots of fun and HD Movies and Hd Videos, Music And much more