Friday, July 26, 2013

The New Normal

Do 1 year olds poop in the potty? I mean, is this something that is normal?

Or do I just have an extremely awesome kid?

Which I do. I know I do. Even the doctors at her birth knew it, that's why she was a 10 on the APGAR. My little star. Awesomeness surrounds her.

She doesn't turn 2 until Sunday, but she has pooped in the potty - the big potty, our potty, not that silly little training potty that other kids use. Psshhh. Nah, not her. She poops in the big one. Twice.

The first time I thought it was a fluke. She asked to go pee, and I sat her on the potty and sat with her in the bathroom for a minute, but nothing happened and I got bored, so I left. (Yes, I am an awesome mom.) A minute later I hear Bjorn yelling out. "She pooped! She pooped in the potty!"  There it was, sitting in the bottom of the toilet. Peanut poop.

Shock. Shock, I tell ya. I didn't cajole, bribe or threaten. I haven't offered her a thing besides the ridiculously crazy Poo-Poo dance we created with Bjorn. She loves it, but, really, girl - don't you know you could be getting Skittles or M&M's or even that giant Doc McStuffin' doll? You know, the one that comes with the animals and the doctor scissors and the little stethoscope that really thumps? You're going to settle for the Poo Poo Dance as your reward?

Tonight she pooped in the potty again. The real deal. I'm a little weirded out by it all. It took Bjorn until he was 3 to really even think about it, and that was only after a shitload (pun intended) of CARS stickers, stamps, candies and, yes, cars. The kid knew how to work the bribery.

Peanut, on the other hand, could care less about bribery. Which makes me want all the more to give her all the candy I have.

Which is none, because I already gave it to Bjorn so he would clean his room.


2 comments:

kderoll said...

She is awesome! I don't doubt that one bit. She is independent (the walking across the street busting a tooth incident). Think back a few months ago (?) and she is wanting to sit at the table and feed herself. Now you just need her to learn to empty the dishwasher and fold laundry . . .

kderoll said...

Do you have one of those seat cover things that makes the hole smaller so their butts don't fall in? if so, which one? and do you have a stool to get up there?