Monday, April 15, 2013

Meal Time with a Toddler

I'm a strange eater.  I know that. 

Although deep in my heart, I think that everyone who loves meat so much is much much stranger than me, but, to your face, yes, I will admit that my liking vegetables (and bacon) is weird.

But my kids are even stranger eaters. Examples:

Two days ago breakfast.
"I don't want this cereal! I wanted the other cereal! And I don't like strawberries. No! I don't like bananas either!"

This morning's breakfast:
"Can I please have that cereal? I want to pour it myself. Can I pour the milk myself too? I want strawberries. I love strawberries! Can I put them in myself?"

Two days ago lunch:
"Can I have six carrots? Can I get them myself? Can I have six grape tomatoes? No no no, I want to get them myself! One, two, three, four, nine, six. Six tomatoes. Can I have 4 pieces of ham? Can I get it myself?"

Ten minutes later, when his lunch plate is devoured:
"Can I have more? I want six carrots, three grape tomatoes and four pieces of ham. Can I get them myself?"

Today's lunch:
"I don't like ham sandwiches. No, I don't like it in the shape of a dinosaur! This dinosaur has little legs and I wanted a dinosaur with looooong legs. Can I have more tomatoes? Can I get them myself?'

And don't even get me started on dinner.

Meal times are exhausting.

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

For real, right? I often think my daughter has multiple personalities at mealtimes. Today she likes catsup. Yesterday she hated it. Etc, etc...