Friday, November 2, 2012

Ooogity Boogity!

I had such high hopes for Halloween.

With one boy, one girl, and a Fred and Wilma costume on loan from a friend, I was fully prepared to give my 3 year old a bat and make a bone barrette for the Peanut.

Until this:

"Mommy, I want to be a GHOST for Halloween!"

"A ghost, Bjorn? Really?!"

"Yes, Mommy. A GHOST!!"

"Well, how about Bam Bam? You can be Bam Bam and your sister will be Pebbles. You can even have a bat that you can hit things with. ACTUALLY HIT THINGS! While you yell 'BAM BAM'!"

"No, Mommy," he says, arms crossed determinedly in front of him. "No. I want to be A GHOST!!"

"Bjorn, YOU CAN HIT THINGS. You will actually be allowed to HIT stuff with the bat. No time-outs. As long as you say "Bam Bam" while you do it, you can HIT THINGS - it's part of your costume!"

"But, I don't want to be Bam Bam. I want to be a ghost. I want to yell BOO!"

So, enter the Ghost Family. Happy Halloween 2012!!

Easiest costumes to make. Ever.
Bjorn and his Minnie and Robot buddies
My bestie and I. Can't you tell what we are? I'm a ghost, she's a ballerina. :)

No comments: