Wednesday, February 1, 2012

6 Month-aversary

Yesterday, when I went to pick up Peanut from the infant care room at the gym, I was told that she was being a "little ornery".

No kidding.

"She got a tooth this past weekend," I said. "So, yeah, she's a little ornery."

The infant room facilitator looked at Peanut, looked at me, and said, "No, no. I think she got TWO teeth this weekend."

She was right.

Not one, but two little baby teeth are poking through on the bottom. Count them. TWO.

My little girl is growing up.

Literally. At her 6 month appointment this morning, she weighed in at 15 pounds, 2.5 ounces (26 %ile) but was a whopping 26 1/2 inches (77%ile). Long and lean, my girl is. Long and lean.

Obviously she didn't get that from me, who tops out the height chart at 5 foot 2 1/2. And that's when I am stretching on tiptoes.

While her weight may seem to be on the lower side, the doctor is not worried (and neither am I). She eats heartily and healthfully at every meal, and still nurses 7-9 times a day. She is rolling and playing and moving all over the place, so she may be burning as fast as she takes it all in. Just like her brother.

Developmentally, she received rave reviews, with the Doc even telling us that she is doing "more than the average 6 month old".  She was referring to her baby plank.
Planking, on her toes and hands, holding a bridge. My girl is AWESOME.

I have a yoga baby. Now I just need the cute baby yoga pants. She would look adorable in them.

1 comment:

깜둥이 said...

http://youtu.be/AufWWR_WIf8
You got a message from heaven