Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ha!

I told The Hubs that following my 6 week check-up next week, I want to start training for the half-marathon in January. To lose some of this baby weight, get healthy, and maybe get a little free time - even if it is in running shoes.

Then, today, I dropped the toddler at my cousin's to play and went grocery shopping to two stores with the babe.

My quads hurt. My arms hurt. My feet hurt. I'm more exhausted than I have been in months (and that's saying alot!) and the one armed drummer from Def Leppard has nothing on the pounding in my head.

Unless grocery shopping really is that taxing, I think I may need a little more training than I counted on!!!

5 comments:

Meg said...

oh andi...you realize that you'd be running 13.1 miles w/o the baby right? you'll be fine. it's the baby that does you in. ha!!

Mommy This and That said...

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like I had a mega workout when I take the baby with me to the store! I too come back sore, etc! I had dreams of training for a small marathon...my husband looked at me and laughed.

kderoll said...

I think it sounds totally awesome and I would love to do that with you, except for the fact that you are chosing a date where I can't see myself running 13.1 miles. I would advise you not to walk a half marathon as that is the most painful thing ever; I think it is easier to run or run/walk. BUT, I would love to come out and cheer you on, hold signs along the race route and eat in-and-out burger.

Amber Page Writes said...

Babies are exhausting. Next to a newborn? A mini-marathon ain't nothing. You'll be sailing to the finish line like you have wings on your back...

Or so I'm going to pretend.

Don and Jillian said...

I would recommend an interval walk/run strategy if running the whole thing is too daunting. And find a group to train with! It's so much more fun!