Friday, July 8, 2011

Nobody Nose the Trouble I've Seen. . . .

This morning, Bjorn was eating a balanced breakfast of 1/2 Cheerios, 1/2 Cocoa Puffs when he comes running up to The Hubs and I.

"Nose. Nose! Cer-e-ul. Nose!"

"Ummm. . . Do you have cereal in your nose?"

"Uh huh!" he nods emphatically.

"Bjorn?! Did you PUT the cereal in your nose?"

"Uh huh!" Another emphatic nod.

And, sure enough, the kid had stuffed a cocoa puff up his nose.

After a few nostril squeezes and no results, I was just about to grab a pair of tweezers and go digging when The Hubs stopped me.

"I'll get this," he says. "I have experience with getting things out of noses."

To which I wondered, How?! I mean, the guy has changed a zillion diapers now, but none before Bjorn's birth. So no experience in the baby department, but he has experience in taking small objects out of noses?! Maybe I don't need to know. . . .

Sure enough, he had that puff out in no time at all.

Four hours later, just as Bjorn and I were finishing a sandwich lunch, I see something strange hanging out of his nose.

And I pull out a piece of rolled-up ham. Sigh. . . . .

5 comments:

Mommy This and That said...

Oh, I don't envy this in the least! I am afraid when it happens we will have to go to the emergency room or something!!

Lise said...

Good to know - when Collin eventually stuffs something up his nose, I'm totally saving our ER copay and calling you! Does your hubby make house calls?

Meg said...

what a ham! ha!

Mommy said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

J, B, O, J & Z said...

Haha! I'm with Lise. When the boys get bigger he's the one I'm calling. =)