Sunday, May 29, 2011

Live! In 3D!!

Friday was Peanut's latest sonogram - the big one, the whole shazamm, the exciting moment. Live, in 3 and 4D, was Peanut.

S/he wasn't very cooperative, with his/her hand and arm always across his/her face and mouth. The US Tech tried to shake Peanut up a little, but right after he would move his arm and she would try to get the shot, he would move it right back. Stubborn little bugger.

Also, to complicate things, when I would lie on my back for more than 2 or 3 minutes, my toes would start to tingle, my calves ache and my head start to swim from lightheadedness. In that position, Peanut was cutting off my circulation. So, I was on my side for most of the sonogram, which was much more comfortable, but much less conducive to getting good pictures.

The best pictures we got were when I sucked it up, laid on my back, tried to get as much air as possible and waited until I was almost nauseous and passing out before telling the US Tech that I needed to move. I may have been miserable, but I got some good pictures!

S/he is measuring 3 lbs, 8 ounces. At his 3/4D sonogram, Bjorn measured 3 lbs, 9 ounces. Peanut's appointment was on 30 weeks, 4 days. Bjorn's was on. . . . 30 weeks, 4 days.

Weird.

The weirdest is how alike they look. Same big cheeks. Same pouty Angelina-Jolie lips. Same smushed nose. Or do all babies look alike in the womb?

 Peanut sucking his thumb.


Peanut. In one of the rare moments s/he is not awake and kicking me!!

5 comments:

nana said...

those are cute Andi. I thing the second one looks like a girl.
Sharon Grizzle

Leslye said...

Wow, Andi! That is so very amazing. A beautiful baby....

Anna Elena said...

very cute!

Mommy This and That said...

It's a girl...just cause I want you to be like meeeee!! ;-) Sweetness in the womb...and a tough cookie to boot!! Love it!

John, Becky and Olivia said...

So cute. Can't wait to meet her. =) Or him, but I'm with Olivia on this one. Of course I said girl last time.