Saturday, March 5, 2011

This is why I blog

I'm not very good at keeping track of dates or special events. Never have been. If I had been keeping a blog when The Hubs and I began dating, I might actually know when we first said 'I love you', where we had our first real date and all about those first love butterfly feelings.

But I don't. In fact, I don't even know our actual dating "anniversary". It's sometime in August - ish.I'm pretty sure.

I feel that blogging keeps me connected to the milestones in our lives now. To be more specific, in Bjorn's life. (And Peanut's too!)

And it means I don't have to fill out a dang baby book.

I really like how my blog keeps me in tune with what was and is going on with my life. This kiddo is growing up so fast, I can hardly keep up - and only a few of the hundreds of new things he is doing is making it into writing. I can't type fast enough to keep up with him.

So when I go back and read on February 10th that he is saying "THANKYOOOOUUUU" and being polite and sweet, I gasp with amazement because less than one month later he is using that phrase in a sentence.

"Thank you Daddy." he says when handed a snack cup or after getting his shoes put on. Less than a month later and he is putting these words together. Making sentences. Making sense. (Even if sometimes he does say it to me. I think he's just being silly. He knows I'm Mommy.)

And it's not just with Thank you. "Bye Bye Jake." after my cousin's kids come over to play. "Bed Help Mommy." when he wants to get on the bed. "Dog where?" when he can't find the dog.

It's incredible. And, honestly, I would have no clue how fast time really was flying by if I hadn't taken the time to record it. It is worth the loss of sleep or naps it may take. Worth the pain of creating a well thought out and interesting post.

To remember. That is why I blog.

No comments: