Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sentences

I didn't believe it when I first heard it.

Oh surrrrrre. My kid is just going to start talking one day and not stop. Sure. Uh huh.

When all your kid can do is grunt "Uhh" and "Errr" as he reaches for things, you never think they are actually going to be able to speak to you.

And, now, all of a sudden, the avalanche of words has come.

This past week, I handed him his hockey game ticket and he took it, saying "Tic-ket?" and handed it to be scanned.

Why, yes, kid, that IS your ticket. I didn't think you knew that word.

Today he looked for his girlfriend at the bookstore "Where Ash-ee?" with one arm up questioningly.

Folks, that is not just words - that is a sentence.

From "bock" (block) to "show-her" (shower) the kid is learning everything. Quicker than I ever thought possible.

Which means I really need to stop dropping the s and f bombs around him. It's only cute up to a point.

1 comment:

Mommy This and That said...

We can no longer watch adult TV. I put on a show the other day, thinking the Boy was occupied with his toys. Suddenly he stops playing just as someone says ass. He looks at me and says "ass, mommy, ass. Ass, ass, ass." I shut the TV. His other fave word? Crap.

Going for a ride in the car is like a documentary as he tells us everything he sees and doesn't stop...at ALL!