Friday, February 25, 2011

Storytime

I was sitting in a hotel room in Buffalo - literally the absolute furthest I could be from my family - and made the requisite nighttime call home. The conversations with Bjorn don't vary much - they go a little sumthin' like this:

"Did you have fun at school today?"

"Uh huh."

"Did you play with her dogs?" (He goes to an in-home daycare.)

"Uh huh. Dog. Dog. Woof. Dog."

"Did you play with her fish?"

"'Ish. 'Ish. Mmmmmah. (kiss)"

"What did you have for dinner?"

"Paaaasta."

"Did you have pasta? And chicken?"

"Passsta. 'Hickie. Milk. Milk."

"Did you have fun with Daddy?"

"Uh huh. Daddeeeeee!! Woof. Woof. Dog."

"Ok. Mama is going Night Night. Love you. Night Night."

"Nigh' Nigh'. Love. Nigh nigh. Mmmmmmah."

It's a nice conversation. Sweet, simple, to the point. I hung up with Bjorn and The Hubs, starting to head to bed for the night.

When my phone rang again.

"Is everything ok?" I asked The Hubs. "What's up?"

"Well, you got off the phone and Bjorn starting saying 'More Mommy. More. More. Mommy. More Mommy.' and when I told him Mommy was done on the phone, he went to his toy box and found his phone. Then he opened it, saying 'Mommy? Mommy?' So I figured we should call you back. He obviously wanted more Mommy."

So Bjorn and I started our conversation all over again.

"Did you have fun at school today?" "Uh huh."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I ws on the way to pick up The Hubs for an impromptu lunch date today when I accidentally ran a red light.

"Oh, sh%t." I said as I scoped the area for cops.

From the backseat, I heard a cute baby boy voice say "Ohhhhh shiiiit."

Oh shit, indeed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh oh!" Bjorn shouts, walking up to me. "Ohhh no!"

"What's wrong?"

"Boo. Boo."

"What? Do you want to read a book?"

"Uh uh. Boo. Poo." shakes head vigorously.

"Ohhhhh. Do you have poop?"

"Uh huh." he says, nodding emphatically. Then he automatically turns around. He wants me to check and make sure there is really poop in there. He grabs my hand to tug me along. "Bi-per? Bi-per?"  "Yes, kiddo. . . let's go get a diaper."

(The best part of this scenario? After he tells me has poop, I can say "Go show Daddy!" and he will go to The Hubs, turn around backwards and wait for him to check his pants. He will go to everyone so they can see his Poo. Looooves to show it off. And if he thinks YOU may have done something. . . . he will try to check the back of your pants too!)

3 comments:

New Mom said...

You and your son love to talk poop, huh? lol We can tell when he is doing the deed and will ask and get a reply of "I pooping." Good times!

We've had a few curse words repeated but we don't say anything or even laugh because then...then they repeat them over and over in the worst places!

Me Too said...

We're bad. we just laugh at it. Can't help it - its so cute when said in that high pitched baby voice!!!

Baby Mama said...

Oh my gosh! I love all of these stories!