Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Christmas Surprise!

This year, without any kind of planning, The Hubs and I wound up giving our parents exactly what they wanted.

A New Baby!!
Of course, I had some cute, elaborate way to tell them we were pregnant. I wrapped the sonogram in a picture frame and wrote on it, "The Newest Baby: Coming August 2011".

To which The Hubs' and my parents both said "Oh, that's nice. An old sonogram picture of Bjorn. Cute."

Me: "Noooooo. That's not Bjorn."

Them: "Then who is it?" Pause. Face changes. "Ooooooooooooooh."

Me: "That's right. Bjorn is going to be a big brother!"

My mom: "Omigosh, it's a boy?!"

Gotta love surprises. They throw everyone off a little bit!!

So far, we've named this kidlet 'Peanut'. Which then makes me want to change all the names in the blog to ones like Lucy, Linus and Snoopy. And it makes me a little hungry.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats!! I'm just a little ahead of you- I'm due in late July! :)

Baby Mama said...

Congrats! What a great Christmas surprise for the family!

Mommy This and That said...

YAY! Congratulations, such a nice gift for your family!

Will you be finding out gender when the time comes?

Right now we are in the throes of the terrible two's and Spence isn't even two. I think I will be out of my mind when we bring #2 home...

Me Too said...

Thanks friends!!

So far, I am set on keeping the gender a secret again. It was so much fun last time, so why not?!

John, Becky and Olivia said...

Yay! Sure looks like one to me. =)

Andrea and Jeff said...

Congrats! How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your little peanut

Melody said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! My sister is due in August as well! I'm so jealous of all of the babies!!!

Tamara said...

I have been SOO looking forward to you being pregnant again!!! :) Yea!!!

Lise said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!

Amber Page Writes said...

Congratulations! I swear, everyone I know everywhere is preggo right now!