Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells. . . . .

I'm not allowed (by strict rule of The Hubs) to bring out any Christmas lights, trees or decor until the day after Thanksgiving.

Not even the hand-painted blocks that count down the days to Christmas, held by a teddy bear in a tacky Christmas sweater.

The boughs of holly and wreaths of ribbons and pinecones must stay wrapped in their boxes in the back of the garage cabinets, stuffed behind all the crap stuff we have bought since last Christmas. (Except for the mistletoe, which I never took down and The Hubs stopped noticing about May!)

I would decorate now if he let me, and turn a harvest-y, fall Thanksgiving into a red and green feast.

He asks for so little (ha!) so the least I can do is hold off on unloading fourteen mega boxes of lights and glass ornaments until he is ready for the madness.

But there are no rules as to how early my blog can start Christmas. . . and it looks like the holiday season is a-fast approaching.

We are two weeks from Thanksgiving, and two weeks and one day from Black Friday. In other words, I-Have-to-be-First-to-Get-my-Christmas-Cards-Mailed Day. The darkest day of the holiday season.

Last year I was a mom of a 6 month old and blamed him for not getting cards mailed until (gasp!) December 10th.

This year, I am determined to do better.

This year, I have help (yay!!) in shutterfly.

Even though I have boxes upon boxes of holiday cards stored from post-Christmas sales of years past, I can't resist the shiny glitter of a new, perfect photo Christmas card. Like this:


Which only shows me that if I am going to send out photo cards from Shutterfly this year, I am going to have to start taking some better pictures.

Yes, Shutterfly is giving me 50 free holiday cards to write this blog. But that doesn't mean it's not all true - I have used shutterfly for years and I love their products. Want to get your own free holiday cards? Check it out!!

1 comment:

Mommy This and That said...

Just ordered my 50 yesterday. Can't wait to get them addressed and in the mail!