Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Be careful what you wish for

I'm not saying The Hubs isn't helpful - he does change a mean light bulb and kill big bugs - but sometimes I feel like I have three kids. One's furry, one says "Joooo" for "Juice" and the other can't remember where he put his sunglasses. (On the counter. Right there, Hon.)

What I really want is some help around here. You know, a maid. Like Rosie.

But my Hovercraft is in the shop and Astro's been eating the trash. My life is not The Jetsons.

So when Bjorn started offering his help, I gladly took him up on it.

He now puts his bowl and cups in the sink when he is finished. He also puts his blocks, books and cars in the sink. I don't think he really knows what the sink is for.

He wants to carry the clothes to the washer and throw them in himself. But most of all he loves to help me fold the warm clothes from the dryer. They make perfect snuggle rugs. I usually have to do laundry all over again because of dog hair!

He wants to vacuum and cries, banging on the hall closet, whenever vacuuming is done. He has his own Elmo vacuum now. We vacuum together, only instead of the "Rrrrrrrrrrr" of a vacuum motor, I hear Cookie Monster say "Oh, me love to vacuum with you."**

He loves sweeping, especially with the big broom. More than once I have been whacked in the head as he swings the broom handle around. This kid has no sense of space. No sense of space at all, I tell ya.

Dusting is his real all-time favorite, though. Or wiping up in general. I hand him a sponge or a paper towel and he wipes up any spill or dirt. Not before trying to eat whatever he has spilled, but, still, he wipes it up.

So be careful what you wish for. You might just get it. In pint size.



**I'm a terrific speller. I almost won the spelling bee in 6th grade - but lost to an 8th grader who later went on to make a 1600 on his SAT's. But the one word I probably hate to spell the most is vacuum. Who puts two "u's" next to each other? It just looks weird. And I misspelled it every time I wrote it in this paragraph. **

4 comments:

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

he must have picked up his mad cleaning skills from visiting me. now you have to watch out for ocd. ha ha ha!

i hate the word vacuum too. i can never remember if it is two "c"s or two "u"s. :)

Mommy This and That said...

Aren't pint sized helpers the best??

Tamara said...

I usually have to do the dishes again, after Allie 'helps' me unload them from the dishwasher. Because, of they end up all over the floor, and God only knows when was the last time I mopped the kitchen floor...