Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post of the Never Ending cliches

The Irish author Brendan Behan once said "There is no such thing as bad publicity."**

I think Bjorn knows this quote, only he doesn't know what publicity means, so he decided to make it his own.

"There is no such thing as bad attention."

So when I say "No" as he starts to put a rock in his mouth, he thinks 'Wow, I have Mom's undivided attention. This is so cool!'

He knows it's wrong. He really does. I can see it in his smart, little, beautiful baby eyes.

But as wrong as eating rocks is, doing something that causes Mom to leap ottomans and singing caterpillar toys in a single bound only makes him laugh. And then eat the rock all over again.

Apparently, if eating rocks is wrong, he doesn't want to be right.

**The actual quote continues and says "There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."

4 comments:

Mommy This and That said...

Oh yes, I have one that thinks the same. He just learned that it is fun to jump of the couch, even if he lands on his face!

I feel bad for his poor sister, in my belly who must shudder 20 times a day because I jump up after Spencer!

KLZ said...

I have to make sure I keep my tone very even when I say things like this or he thinks it's a game. It's like talking to a wild bear.

Amber Page Writes said...

Yep. Got one of those believers here too. "What? I shouldn't throw this at the dog? How 'bout the window then?"

Aggravating - and yet sort of cute. I have to hide my face so she doesn't see me laughing sometimes.

Tamara said...

Allie thinks its okay to do something wrong as long as she admits it. As in..>

Me: Allie, were you in the potty?
A: Yeah.
Me: Were you eating toilet paper?
A: Yup. (Grins)... Hi, Mommy. (Grins & gives kisses)

Seriously?? The child knows she's cute...