Sunday, August 8, 2010

Best Advice Ever

While I was pregnant, all my Mommy friends dumped loads of advice on me. Whether I wanted it or not.

And I never understood some of it. 'Til now.

"Enjoy going to the bathroom by yourself." said a friend with a rambunctious 2 yr old. " After the babe is born you will never be alone in there again."

I laughed, thinking that was a strange thing to say. Of course I will be going to the bathroom by myself. No one wants to be in there together when you're doing bathroom things!!!

But it's true. I have not gone to the bathroom by myself but maybe five times since Bjorn was born. And each of those times he has crawled, walked or ran to the bathroom door and pounded on it until I relented.

So, Preggo Mama's, as crazy as it sounds - enjoy your bathroom moments alone. Bring a book. Play games on your IPhone. Whatever. Just enjoy it.

It won't last long.

5 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

So true! I am right there with you. :)

John, Becky and Olivia said...

I am sure you've heard me say this before but between O and the cat I can't do anything by myself, including going to the bathroom!

So, yes, all you FTMs out there, enjoy the peace and quiet that you have now!

Mommy This and That said...

I was just thinking about this the other day. It never fails the moment I get in there, Spence finds me and demands to be let in. Each. And. Every. Time.

Amber Page Writes said...

How true. Mine screams and bangs her head on the door if I shut it while using the rest room.

Melody said...

No kids yet, but the dog and one of the cats follow me into the bathroom every single time! I haven't had an alone moment in the bathroom in at least two years since I got Sammie. :) At least I'll be used to that part whenever Davie and I do have kids!