Friday, June 4, 2010

One Year Stats

Bjorn

Height: 29 inches
Weight: 20.2 lbs
Head Circ: 46 cm

In between 10th and 25th percentile for all categories, so he is proportionate.

Mama

Height: 5 foot 1
Weight: PRE-BABY and still losing! (Cheers!!!)
Head Circ: Can't wrap my head around that my boy is 1 year old!

The Hubs and I were a little worried because he seems to be the smallest kid in all of his play dates, but then I realized one thing. . .

I need to STOP COMPARING. (Easier said than done.)

He's happy and healthy and talking and walking and - take a deep breath - the Doc says he is 100% healthy with a strong heart. No reason to fear. After all, I'm pretty small. But since Hubs is over 6 feet and built like a football player, we just assumed we would have a big boy. Maybe we'll have a big girl next time around?!

Anyways. . . . B's 1st birthday party is this Sunday. And although we are not planning anything big - hot dogs, beer (adults only!), a baby wading pool for a little coolness in this 110 degree heat - it is becoming chaos just thinking about it. Why? Because we have a 1500 sq foot quasi-kid-proofed house that on Sunday will hold 20 adults and 15 kiddos without anyone hopefully bleeding, throwing up or pooping on nicely unstained furniture.

What were we thinking?!

Planning a kids birthday party is like planning for war. Make your strategies, bring your supplies and if all else fails, just duck and cover.

That's my plan.

2 comments:

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

This is why I planned nothing! I started planning at 6 months and saw the monster event it was turning into and said fugedaboutit.

kneesandpaws said...

Birthday number one is usually a big event. I'm sure you'll be tired at the end but uplifted by the love and support of your friends.