Thursday, June 24, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Dear Twix,

You know you are the caramel to my chocolate, the biscuit to my satisfying crunch.

But this has gotta stop.

This incessant need you have to keep drawing me in, begging me time and time again for just one more little taste.

The way your chocolate melts so quickly in this AZ heat so I must (must!) gobble you up in mere seconds.

The way your caramel is stretchy and gooey - but not too stretchy like some of those other caramel-y treats (ahem, Milk Duds).

The way your biscuit crunches deliciously. Like an apple. But with a much tastier taste.

So, yes, baby, I love your ways. Everyday. (Yeah-eh-ah.) But this is too much.

Do you know how many calories you are? And, since I have started my food journal, how many times you, dear Twix, have appeared on the list?

Too many to count. So many I'm embarrassed to send the number into blog-world. Me - the girl who posted her weight. Yup, that's right.

So it's over, Twix. We had some good times you and me. (Remember that time at band camp?!) But those times are no more.

Every good thing must have an end, and while your end usually comes with a lip-smacking "Yum!" and the ever-present milk chocolate melt on fingertips, now you will hear the crunch of a celery stick. Or maybe carrot if I'm feeling crazy.

Good-bye gooey, melty, lovely Twix.

Forever in my Tummy,

Me Too

P.S. Can you also send this over to your friends, Peanut Butter M&M and Rolo?


Mama Kat's Writing Workshop. Head on over to check out more o' my bloggy friends - and add your own while you're at it!!!

The Prompts:
1.) The Love List. Write a list of 50 things you look for in a man.
2.) Write a poem about a picture.
3.) What does your child do that reminds you most of yourself? How does it make you feel?
4.) Write a letter to whatever is stopping you from losing the extra weight you’d like to lose.
5.) What summer means to your family.

5 comments:

CheryltheOCM said...

HAHAHAHA... awesome post! However I am now going to have that song stuck in my head for days! Thanks alot :-P

Michelle said...

I can't remember the last time I indulged in a Twix bar. Candy bars I can leave alone, it's German Chocolate Cake that I can't seem to resist. Peace. ;)

Stef said...

Twix is the all time anytime bar. You know... you aren't sure what you want but you want something good...TWIX always hits the spot. So now, what are you gonna do. I would vote for watermelon...it is good every time. Good luck!

The Empress said...

Oh, yes, me and chocolate.

Love/hate relationship.

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

I can't see candy commercials on TV without craving them. Recently it's been Kit Kat's...

Awesome letter...hopefully they aren't to hurt by it! :)