Wednesday, May 26, 2010

BOY. Spell it. B-O-Y

Overheard in the Home Depot line tonight:

"Oh look, Jenny," the irritatingly tall man says to his 2 year old pigtailed-in-pink daughter, "Another little girl. Wave to the little girl."

As she waves to the only little kid within a twelve mile radius. My little boy.

My little boy in DARK BLUE shorts.

Yes, he was wearing a yellow shirt that says I love Cheerios and his Dad calls those blue shorts his 'gay shorts' because they are pinstriped and a little bit metrosexual but, really, he only wants to dress him in RealTree and other camo-type outfits. . . . and. . . . whatever. He still looks like a little boy in blue and yellow.

He's a little boy. And besides being the prettiest little boy I've ever seen, he doesn't look like a little girl any more than Shiloh Jolie-Pitt looks like a little boy. (Ummmm. . . have you seen the latest pictures of her?! I guess I'm not helping prove my point here.)

I tried to grab a pic of the little man to show you how utterly un-girl-like he actually looks, but the little booger fell asleep before I could snap it.

So tomorrow is his FIRST HAIRCUT and while I am kinda (ok, really really) sad that he is a year old next week and it is first haircut time already. . . .

I am so freakin' elated that now people will stop thinking he's a little girl.

2 comments:

John, Becky and Olivia said...

I seriously don't understand how he is mistaken for a girl. He doesn't look like a girl at all!

I still haven't done the first haircut for Olivia. I don't want to!

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

Even after we cut the Boy's hair I had someone ask me if he was a girl! Amazes me EVERY DANG TIME!