Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today I was four weeks from Bjorn's due date. From the day that would change everything. I had no clue that soon I would be so immersed in baby-doom that the pre-baby days would seem like something from a movie. A sometimes mundane and sometimes exciting movie, but still, a movie. Not my real life. This (poopy diapers, laundry folding and spit up) this is my real life.


But apparently not much has changed in the way I think. I still think in silly and completely random tidbits. Here is my post from One Year Ago Today:


Brain Freeze: Tuesday, April 28, 2009

At every appointment in the last few months, Doc has pulled out a measuring tape and measured from the top of the uterus to the bottom. (Which really means just measuring the belly - all of it.)

I feel like I'm a blank wall and he's trying to find the proper placement to hang a picture. Or maybe that's my nesting instinct talking.

Being almost 35 weeks at the time, and being kicked to a pulp the night before by Ninja Bjorn, I asked him if he could tell what position Bjorn is in.

After pushing and prodding enough to give Bjorn a few more dimples, he said that Bjorn was head down (where it's supposed to be and hopefully won't go anywhere), back to the right and legs curled aroung the other side. Kinda like this. And, you know, in the fetal position.



And my first thought?

Since he's head-down, does all the blood go rushing to his head? Is it like standing on your head for more than ten minutes or eating a Sonic slushie too fast and getting brain freeze?

I didn't ask Doc, but I'm still kinda interested in the answer. . . . .

No comments: