Friday, March 19, 2010

A Love Letter

Dear Bjorn,

Someday you will miss me.

It will be around age 25, when your college days of drinking and sleeping late are behind you. When all of a sudden you have the dreaded responsibilities and bills. Out of nowhere, you will stare off into the distance and then, you will miss me.

You will have a family of your own and Saturday afternoons will be spent wiping up gallons of puke or folding mountains of laundry. Or schlepping off to soccer or football or ballet classes. And then, you will miss me.

Mid Monday mornings will no longer bring joy as time usually spent with me is replaced with board meetings and budget appraisals. And then, you will miss me.

So remember to spend time with me now. Use the time you have - the leisure, the relaxation, the laziness of it all - use that time with me. Someday you will look back and wish more of your day could be devoted to spending time with me.

But most of all, even when you will have forgotten me, I will not have forgotten you. I will always be in the chair next to your desk, or in that sofa outside your office. I will be in the bus seat across the aisle, and in the backseat of your Prius in the carpool lane.

I will always be there. You just have to come and find me.

Love,

Your Nap

7 comments:

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

Ah, nap...sadly since the time change the one nap we were taking has turned into a 30 minute snap! Thanks DST, thanks!

Lindsay said...

Thank for your comment on my blog! I hope you are doing well- your little boy is adorable- how old is he?

anymommy said...

Lol. I miss you, nap!! Come back to me.

Pearl said...

ha! hilarious! you are a genius!

Susie said...

love this! if i read this to my babies today, do you think they'd appreciate it?

Snuggly Monkey mama said...

Fantastic post! You are a great writer. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday & bringing me over to yours. I will be back. Enjoy UBP!

sanjeet said...

you are a genius!
post free classified ads