Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This time, it's going to work. I think. Maybe. . . .

Yesterday I started Fitness magazine's Body After Baby program.

Before I get to the point, I want to give a quick shout-out to my Sis in Law for the magazine subscription for Christmas. This is exactly why I wanted it- thanks!!

Anyways. . . .

The program sounds really simple: 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week and a set of simple strength exercises twice a week. The strength exercises are designed to be done during a naptime, or in about thirty minutes. Involving nothing more than a pair of lightweight dumbbells, and done in bare feet, this seems to be one exercise that epitomizes low maintenance.

Did I mention that the average tester of this workout lost 1 1/4 inches from their waist in ONE MONTH???

Sounds too good to be true? Who cares?! It can't hurt to try, right?

Yesterday marked the first day for me, and being as I am at work, on the road - again, it was simple. No baby needed anything from me, I already finished the book I brought with me and I was in El Paso with nowhere to go and nothing fun to sight see. What else was I going to do but work out? My hotel has a very well stocked gym, so I hopped on the treadmill and followed Fitness' 26 minute interval run.

Afterwards I was sweaty and out of breath, but I didn't feel like stopping the workout yet. I grabbed a fitness ball, crunching out to the beat of Law and Order in the morning.

Not a bad first workout day.

Then I got on the plane for an 11 hour day of non-stop work (11!!) and all my good intentions flew right out the window.

I stuffed every kind of food I could find into my starving belly. Goldfish, Animal crackers, cheerios (yes, I know - I pack my food bag like a mom!!!). What's a girl to do - it's not like I can run home to my nicely stocked refrigerator for some fresh fruit!!

So today is another day with another treadmill. A little sore from yesterday's exercise, but I'm going to power through. There's a pair of shorts and a bikini calling my name and I intend to answer.

Anyone else wanna try to lose the baby weight with me? Log on to www.fitnessmagazine.com and share your stories.

And look out in the next coupla days as I share (gasp) my numbers with you. That would be waist, chest, hips and weight. Scary. . . . . .

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

You can absolutely do it. No need to buy larger sizes...there's plenty of time to shave those inches.

I need to lose way more than an inch, but that would be a good start!