Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's all a Numbers Game

Writing my "numbers" down is a little bit of a scary thing. Once they are here, they are indelibly marked on the wide world of blogs forever and ever. *Shudder*


I never cared about numbers before, but then, I never had my Wii Fit tell me I was overweight before. It's not really about numbers anyway, but about how I feel. And I feel overweight.


First, before I get to today's numbers, a little history.


In 1999, when I entered college, I weighed 110.


In 2006, when I married my husband, it was 120.


And in 2008, right before I found out I was pregnant with Bjorn, I weighed 130.


20 pounds, one decade. Let's hope that trend doesn't continue.


So, starting weight for my pregnancy was 130. Ending weight: (are you ready for this??) 181. Yup, that's right folks. I gained 51 pounds during my pregnancy!!!! I would blame it on Bjorn, but I really think it was the french fries and three avocados a day that really did me in.


I started tracking my numbers on July 6 - one month after Bjorn was born.


July 6: Weight - 159. Chest - 41. Waist - 37. Hips - 42.

October 20: Weight - 144. Chest - 39. Waist- 35. Hips - 39.

And for the final weigh-in. . . . . .

January 11: Weight - 146. Chest - 38. Waist - 36. Hips - 40. (Yes, that's right. I went UP in everything but chest. Unacceptable.)

So, there you go. For all the world wide web to see, those are my numbers. My goal weight is my wedding weight - 120. (But my ideal weight is 112. Yes, I know that sounds ridiculously low, but let's face it folks, I'm barely 5 foot 2. And the 8 pound difference between goal and ideal shows alot on a five foot body.)

But, then again, even though I have an ideal and a goal weight, it's mainly about how I feel. How my clothes feel. How comfortable and happy and confident I am. It's not really about the numbers on the scale. (And if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you. . . . . . . )

5 comments:

Paige said...

oh the wonders a child bearing body!! you can do it!!!

Tamara said...

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!!!!!

I am inspired by you!! Love, T

Erinn said...

You can do it Andi! I gained 20 lbs in the last decade too, and from what I've heard it's VERY common! Good luck! I know I'll be in your shoes in June when the baby is born!

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

You can do it!!

I wonder if I should do it too...you know before we start trying for the sibling for Spence?? Hmmm...

Amber Page Writes said...

Pssst...I gained 53 pounds with Tori, and I've still got 18 of those left to lose. And then I've got another 15 or so after that.

Sigh.

You can do it! So can I. Right? Right.