Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year, a New Appetite

I didn't make any New Years Resolutions this year.

I really don't see the big deal about New Years. Although I love all the parties, drinking and general chaos that goes along with New Years Eve celebrations, I don't understand why so many people place significance of 'starting over' or a 'new beginning'.

Isn't every day a new beginning?

Isn't every day a chance to start over?

Isn't every day a day in which you can hope for new things, wish for something better and work towards that one, specific, important goal?

So I don't believe in making New Years resolutions. Everyday I make resolutions.

And, yes, everyday I break them. Just like most New Years Resolutions. But I just make them again tomorrow.

But, in honor of 'beginning anew' because, it is a new year and a new month and a new day, I do have some firsts already.

Today:

* I ate, for the first time in 28 years, an egg in a different way than scrambled. (And hard-boiled on top of a salad.) I was over medium. And I liked it. Alot. I can't believe I have never tasted anything but scrambled before. What else have I been missing?

*So I tried steak for the first time, too. The Hubs made chili out of steak instead of ground beef. It was delicious. Creamy, and melted on my tongue the second I tasted it. Yum.

*And since I was so busy trying new foods, I thought it was only right that Bjorn did, too. So, after 10 hours of fighting with him, The Hubs finally got him to take 3 1/2 ounces of breast milk from a bottle. Yes, from a bottle. Thank God. And another 1/2 ounce of formula. We have three days until I take him to a half-day at daycare and six days until he goes for a full day. Think we can make it so it's not a fight, but a normal way to eat, by then?

Happy New Year everyone. May each day bring something new and exciting. And may you be as excited about your prospects and your future every day as you are today.

4 comments:

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

Yay for getting him to drink from the bottle, it really seems like such a little thing but I know it is a big deal with daycare right around the corner!

Amber Page Writes said...

I hope all went well this morning. The first day is tough. Very tough.

But you'd never had steak? How is that possible?

Preggo said...

Yes, I know. I couls possibly be the only Texan to never eat steak. And the first time I did, I was in Arizona. Go figure!

Sarah said...

Best of luck with your little man. And congrats with the bottle - I know it's hard when they won't take it.
Found your blog through a comment you left on someone else's blog. Am now following!
www.thestrollerballet.com