Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fussy McSnotterson

So I left for the Big D on Friday to see my family and friends.

It was a great weekend: a baby shower, a night out with the bro and sis in law, and lots of playing the Wii, watching movies and just generally hanging out with parents, sibs and friends.

Then, Monday - a day before I was supposed to head back on a 4 hour flight cross country to go home, my little boy became increasingly fussy, snotty (yellowish) and coughy. And when I say 'increasingly fussy', it's a sugar cookie way of saying the waking-the-house-up-at-4-am-for-two-hours-while-he-screams kind of fussy.

Uh-oh.

I took him to an Urgent Care and - guess what? - after only four days in day care, he now has an ear infection. Hmmmm. . . coincidence?!

We were told to absolutely NOT fly him back home, so Bjorn and I had an extra bonus day in Dallas hanging with the peeps, while the Hubs flew home to go back to work. Here we are, Wednesday morning, and after almost 48 hours of steroids, antibiotics and baby Tylenol, he woke up this morning with a barely (clear) snotty nose, a smile on his face, and two - count 'em two - new big ol' honkers of teeth sticking out.

Now he not only has a sliver of something poking up from the bottom, but the whole freakin' bottom of two fat molars poking down from the top.

No wonder he's snotty. No wonder he's fussy.

No wonder I haven't slept in a week.

4 comments:

Meg said...

he got his molars first? interesting... ;)

Tamara said...

Oh, Andi, I feel for you. Next time I'm praying that I get some sleep, I'll send out a word for you too!

Amber Page Writes said...

Oh, lordy. That sounds awful - especially since you were away from home.

But aren't those little toofers cute? Yes, I'm trying to look on the bright side.

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

And it only gets better....