Monday, January 18, 2010

Forgetfulness

Yesterday was my first day back at work. It was just a quick trip - I left mid-morning and came back late in the evening, so I didn't have to leave Bjorn overnight yet. But I realized that I had forgotten a few things about life as a flight attendant.

I forgot to give Daddy Bjorn's daily schedule. Which turned out not to matter at all, for he made his own schedule that worked just fine.

I forgot that your life is as big or as small as you make it. You can make it as small as a pea in a pod or as big as Texas, as long as you're happy. And I've always liked my life like I like my fries - super sized.


I forgot how it felt to exchange in adult only banter. It's pretty much the same as baby banter but with alot more poop jokes.


I forgot that honey roasted peanuts have always been my weakness.


I forgot that trees really do look like broccoli from way up here.

I forgot that problems seem to disappear at about 25,000 feet.


I forgot that being back at work means fitting (or, actually, not fitting) into my work clothes. Time to step up the cardio!

I forgot that even the most comfortable of shoes aren't comfortable after 9 hours on your feet.

I forgot how great airport food can smell. . . . and how expensive it is. That better be one damn good $15 burger!

I forgot that Daddy is just as good as Mama at bathing, rocking, feeding and loving. He's got it handled and I should let him handle it.


I forgot that the hardest part of being a flight attendant is the driving away. If I can make it to the airport, the rest of the trip is just a very long way to get home.

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

The leaving will get easier...I promise. I'm glad your first day back was a good one! And I'm totally with you on the cardio.