Friday, January 29, 2010

And the Mother of the Year Award goes to. . . . .

I am so not winning the Mother of the Year Award this year.

Why?

Because I am not working, I am at home and my kiddo is not here. Yup, that's right. I took him into day care even though I am not flying the friendly skies today.

Why would I do such a horrible thing? Why would a wonderful mother like me decide to pack her kiddo up, drive to someone else's house, kiss Bjorn sweetly, tell him 'Mama will be back in 7 hours!' and then drive back home?!

Because I had my Swap It If You Got It Clothing Swap last night, and the house is covered in clothes, shoes, purses, and all sorts of snacky foods and drinks. Oh yeah, and because I drank way more than I am used to (here's to not really breast feeding anymore!!!), Mama has a little bit of a headache.

Ok, a big honking headache. And my tummy isn't doing too well, either.

And I figure - hey, we pay for a full week of daycare even if we don't use it. Might as well use it when I need it. Even if it's only because I need a break and a nap.

So I'll be returning my Mother of the Year crown now. You can give it back to me next week when I'm up all night with him and don't lose my patience. Deal?

3 comments:

Paige said...

can't wait to see pics of the swap- and maybe you can have your crown back if you pick him up a LITTLE early:)

Andrea and Jeff said...

Nothing wrong with that. I have done it before too and don't feel guilty. It helps you be a better mommy when you are home with your little guy.

John, Becky and Olivia said...

=) I knew I forgot something - I was going to bring my camera and didn't. Oops.

P.S. I came home after lunch with J last Friday and watched a movie by myself before I went and got O from day care. But we talked about this last night so you know how I feel about it. =)