Monday, December 21, 2009

Week Two

So I am currently in Week Two of looking for the perfect child care center/in home daycare to look after my perfect son.

Week One was anything but a success.

Because out of the ones I have called or visited:

One made me feel as if I was the child.

Two didn't speak English and another had a strong, unfamiliar accent. Asian, I believe.

Five don't accept infants, but I can "call back when he is a year old and walking".


One has space available. . . . in late February.

Two smelled like pee.

All but three are more than $200+ a week. Two of the ones cheaper than that are the ones that smelled like pee.

One would be willing to trade child care for my free flight passes. But they are over 20 miles away and want one pass a week. (I only get one every month or so.)

Eight have yet to return my phone calls.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I just want a place that is cleaner than my house. With better, more educational toys and with a provider who doesn't watch Law & Order all day like I do. A place where the owner not only has a degree in early childhood education, but who also spends all day on the floor with the kids playing, singing and teaching.

In other words, if I am going to leave my perfect and un-screwed up kid with someone else for 30+ hours a week, I want someone who would be a better Mommy than I am.

Is that really too much to ask?

5 comments:

John, Becky and Olivia said...

Absolutely not too much to ask! Did you ever look at care.com?

Tamara said...

Silly Mama, nobody will be better with Bjorn than you... but I don't think that your expectations for child care are too high. Keep looking, say a prayer, light a candle, I'll do the same. You'll find someone, I'm sure!

Paige said...

no can do- NOBODY takes care of him like you would!! have you tried church nursery, mdo or leaving him anywhere else yet. might make the transition easier- and help you know what to look for!!!

Meg said...

maybe you and i could work something out? i am on the way to the airport...think about it. it could be temporary if we both want to try it.

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

How scary! Good luck with your search and like everyone else has said, no one will be as good as you are with Bjorn!


I am psyching myself up to put Spence in MDO @ our church once he turns 1! Just to have a day or two to clean the house w/o an attachment on my leg sounds glorious!