Thursday, November 12, 2009

A milestone minute

I don't read parenting books, so I have no idea what all the "milestones" for babies are. And I have no idea when they are supposed to occur.

This has its pros and cons - the biggest pro being that I get excited about everything Bjorn does that is new and different from the day before. I'm not searching for the next written "milestone" and I don't get worried that he hasn't sprouted a tooth/crawled away/spoke in complete sentences yet.

Today's Mama Loves Milestone:

He can sit up. All by himself.

Of course, it is only for about a minute, and then he slowly weeble-wobbles and topples to the floor.

Then we all laugh, sit him upright again and do it all over again.

Yes, I laugh when my baby boy falls over. But he's very durable. He can handle it.

2 comments:

Amber Page Writes said...

Hooray! Isn't that awesome! I confess, I think it's cute when they fall, because they just look so bewildered...

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

Yay for Bjorn! As a new and first time mommy, everything is a milestone! We don't need a book to be so happy to see them do anything different than the day before!